Here’s a very quick and tasty recipe for chicken spread which will definitely make delicious chicken sandwiches that both kids and adults will love.
- 1½ cup chicken breast, flaked or cubed after boiling in water with salt & pepper
- ½ cup carrots, finely chopped
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp pickle relish
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tbsp condensed milk (depending on how sweet you want it)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Toast two slices of any bread of your choice for about 3-4 minutes at 350F. (We love this chicken spread with honey 7-grain loaf bread. Toasting the bread will prevent the bread from being soggy after you put the spread.)
- Spread on both slices of bread.
- Garnish with lettuce.
- Serve with your favorite drink.
Note: Transfer left-over spread in a tightly covered container and store in refrigerator. It will taste fresh up to 10 days.