- Canola oil
- 700 grams – 1 kg chicken pieces (4 leg quarters,
- drumstick and thigh separated, or your own favorite parts)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes (about 300-350 grams total weight), peeled and
- 1 big carrot or 2 smaller ones (about 200-250 grams total
- weight), peeled and cubed
- 300 grams kamote tops (sweet potato leaves), leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons curry powder (depending on how strong
- your curry powder is)
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 4 eggs
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Heat a pot over medium high heat. Once hot, add a few glugs of oil, enough to coat the bottom of the pan. When the oil is hot add the chicken.
- Brown thechicken on all sides, no need to cook through, and set aside.
- Remove most of the oil from the pot but leave about spoonful in. Make sure the oil is still hot then add the onions and garlic. Sauté until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the potato and the carrot and toss. Add the chicken back in the pot, sprinkle everything with the curry powder, and mix until everything is moist and coated in the curry.
- Add the coconut milk to the pot. Stir then add the salt. Stir again and cook, covered, for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the chicken and all the vegetables are soft.
- Make sure to check your pot occasionally during the cooking time, and give it a couple of stirs, to make sure your chicken doesn’t stick or your curry doesn’t scorch. At 30 minute mark, add the kamote tops to the pot. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- While you curry is cooking, hard boil the eggs, peel,chop finely, and set aside. Fry your
- bacon crispy, drain on paper towels, chop/crush to bits. Place raisins, chopped egg, and bacon bits in separate bowls.These are your toppings.
- Serve curry with steaming white rice, toppings, and chutney.
(Visited 73 times, 1 visits today)