Filipino Roasted Chicken Pandan Recipe
Having Roasted Chicken is a sure way to satisfy one’s appetite. Here is a delicious Roasted Chicken Recipe that is full of nice flavor and aroma; I call it Filipino Roasted Chicken Pandan.
Roasted Chicken is a delicious chicken dish. It has been a common way of preparing whole chicken because the process is easy and it produces a good result. Roasted chicken can be eaten with salad, bread, and even rice. However, some of us might have had too much of the classic roasted chicken to the point that it does not taste appealing to our taste buds anymore. It’s not about the taste or quality of the chicken, but rather the countless times that we had the same thing – may be because it is easy to prepare, accessible, and fits our budget. I think that rotisserie chicken and the ones that come prepackaged in the deli shop or supermarkets fall in the same category as classic roast chicken. I think that we need to reset our taste buds by having a different version or roasted chicken. This Filipino Roasted Chicken Pandan recipe can help
I like Filipino Roasted Chicken Pandan because it has a great aroma and tastes really nice too. The meat is tender and juicy, just like any other roasted chicken. What I like best is that the taste reminds me a lot of being Filipino. I only eat this with rice along with a dip if either toyomansi (soy sauce and calamansi or lemon) or lechon sauce. I think that this is the type of simple roasted chicken that I always wanted.
Try this Filipino Roasted Chicken Pandan Recipe. Enjoy!
- Serves: 5
- Serving size: 5
- 1 whole large chicken, cleaned
- A bunch of pandan (skrewpine) leaves
- A bunch of lemongrass, knotted
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 5 pieces dried bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Rub salt all over the chicken, including the cavity.
- Combine the garlic, onion, bay leaves, and peppercorn in a bowl. Toss to mix. Stuff the mixture into the cavity of the chicken followed by the Pandan leaves and lemongrass.
- Arrange the chicken in a roasting rack or roasting pan.
- Roast in the oven for 90 minutes.
- Remove the Filipino Roasted Chicken Pandan from the oven. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove the stuffing from the cavity. Transfer the chicken to a serving plate.
- Serve with atcharang papaya. Share and enjoy!
Recommended for you