for palabok are:
- 227 grams bihon (rice noodles)
- Original Gravy ( Palabok ) Mix (from mama sita)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 table spoons cooking oil
- 1 table spoons minced garlic
- 1/2 pound minced pork
- 2 boiled eggs (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 cup boiled and peeled shrimps
- 1/2 cup crushed cracklings (chicharon)
- ¼ cup atsuete seeds also known as annat seeds
- ¾ cup water
- Two cups shrimp juice
- six or seven tablespoons flour
- salt or patis and pepper
for palabok Filipino Dish:
- Dissolve the palabok mix in water.
- While doing this you can put the Oil in a Wok and Sautee the Garlic.
- When the garlic has a golden brown color you can add the Minced Pork.
- Stir the complete mix in the dissolved palabok mix and bring it to a boil. When it’s thick enough put the noodles in a serving plate and put the sauce over it.
- Finish the dish with some shrimp on top of it, cracklings, some egg and you might try some smoked mackarel as well. Palabok is commonly served with lemon.
for the sauce :
- The Astuete seeds are mainly used to give a reddish/orange color to the sauce.
- It should be dissolved in about ¼ cup of water.
- After it’s dissolved it should be strained and add the remaining water with shrimp sauce into a pan.
- Add the flour to the mix and bring it to a cook.
- Finally stir until the sauce is thick and season with salt, pepper or patis to taste.
Source: Filipino Food Dishes
(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today)