Preparation Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 5-6 cups of cooked rice (cooked in tahong and/or chicken broth)
- 12 pcs. tahong, cleaned & boiled
- ½ lb shrimp, cleaned
- ½ lb squid, cleaned and cut into rings
- 1 chorizo de Bilbao or Chinese chorizo, sliced diagonally
- 1 boiled chicken breast, cut into strips (sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper then boil until cooked)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 *8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into strips (I prefer using Jalapeño pepper sliced into rings and seeds removed because I like it mildly hot. But if you prefer a light sweet flavor, use red bell pepper, or you can use both. )
- 1 pc bay leaf
- ½ cup fresh or frozen green peas
- a pinch of saffron
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp olive oil for sautéing
- 2 pcs lemon, sliced
- In a paellera or large pan over medium heat, sautè garlic in olive oil until golden brown. Add ginger & onion and sauté until onion is translucent. Add chicken and chorizo and sauté for a minute.
- Add squid and shrimps. Simmer for 3 minutes or until shrimps and squid are cooked. Be sure not to overcook! Add the mussels. Simmer for a minute then add tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, jalapeño pepper, bay leaf, and saffron. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer some chicken, chorizo, squid, mussels and shrimps to a plate. Set aside. You will use these for toppings.
- Add cooked rice to the sauce, continually stirring for 10-15 minutes. Add the green peas. Mix well.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Top with the chicken, chorizo, squid, mussels & shrimps that you set aside. Serve with lemon.
(Visited 321 times, 1 visits today)