- 2 lbs goat meat; cut in serving pieces
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 medium onion; chopped
- 1 potato; quartered
- 1 carrot; cut in slices
- 1 can pineapple (8 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 red bell pepper; sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (dissolve in 1/4 cup water)
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper taste
- Cooking oil
Optional Ingredients and Variations
- 1 can liver spread (85 grams)
- 1 tomato; cut in slices
- 1 tablespoon green peas
- 3 pieces chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon pickles
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 10 green olives
- Soy sauce
- Marinate meat in vinegar, salt and pepper for at least one hour. Set aside.
- Open pineaaple can and separate juice from the chunks. Save the juice for later use.
- Fry the potato and carrot for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion, and then add the marinated goat.
- Stir fry meat until color turns light brown.
- Pour the tomato sauce and pineapple juice and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour water and stew the meat until it becomes tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer, stirring once in a while, until dish is cooked.
Source: My Filipino Recipes
(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)