- 1/2 kilo pork lungs
- 1/2 kilo pork heart
- 1 tablespoon garlic; minced
- 1 medium carrots; cut into small cubes
- 1 medium kinchay or celery
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 5 Philippine bird’s eye (siling labuyo)
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon annatto (atsuete) seeds
- substitute: 1/4 cup catsup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the heart and lungs for 10 minutes. Remove and chop into small sizes. Set aside and discard the water.
- Boil again for another 10 minutes in “new” water. Strain and set aside.
- Mash the annatto seeds in 1/4 cup water. Save the annatto water and discards the seeds.
- Sauté garlic and onion.
- Add lungs, heart, kinchay, and soy sauce.
- Sauté for another 10 minutes. Add vinegar and siling labuyo.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add carrots, dried bay leaves, and annatto water.
- Simmer and continue cooking until done.
- Serve hot!
Source: My Filipino Recipes
(Visited 95 times, 1 visits today)