- 2 lbs beef (boneless ribs or sirloin); cut into desired pieces
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 potato; quartered
- 1 carrot; cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 sweet potato; cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 small head cabbage (repolyo); quartered
- 1/4 kilo Chinese cabbage (pechay)
- 3 plantains (saging na saba); peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion; minced
- 4 cloves garlic; minced
- 1/4 cup fish sauce (patis)
- Cooking oil
- In a skillet, fry the plantains and potato in 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mash one fried plantain. Set aside.
- In a stock pot, stew the beef until tender. Strain the beef and set aside. Save the broth.
- Sauté garlic and onion in a saucepan. Add the beef and stir fry with fish sauce for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the broth and at first boil, add the potato, sweet potato, carrot, and the plantains.
- Let boil for 10 minutes. Add the mashed plantain and mix well.
- Add cabbage and parboil for 3 minutes.
- Add Chinese cabbage and remove from fire after 2 minutes or until the Chinese cabbage is done.
- Adding slices of chorizo bilbao will make this recipe more delicious!!!
- You can also use other kinds of meat such as pork belly or chicken as substitute for the beef or combo.
Source: My Filipino Recipes
(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)