- 1 kg (2.2 pounds) chicken legs and thighs
- 1 knob turmeric, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes (Agria) quartered
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- ½ cup Filipino Style cane vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- bay leaves
- whole pepper corns
- Season chicken with salt then set it aside.
- Deep fry potatoes until golden brown. Remove from pan then set aside.
- In a separate pot sauté garlic in oil using low heat until golden brown. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add turmeric then cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and fry until browning occurs.
- Add ½ cup water, ½ cup vinegar, 2 tbsp peppercorn, 4 bay leaves and 1 tbsp sugar then bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Drain any remaining liquid and in a separate frying pan add oil and fry the drained meat in high heat browning the sides.
- Pour the drained liquid back in the pan together with the deep fried potatoes. Add more vinegar and liquid if it dries up.
- Simmer for additional 5 minutes, season with salt if needed then serve.
Source: Honest Cooking
(Visited 52 times, 1 visits today)