- 750g pork mince
- 250g veal mince
- 3 medium carrots (finely diced)
- 1 large red onion (finely diced)
- 8 sweet spiced gherkins (finely diced)
- 2 salami sticks (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 12 hard boiled eggs (peeled)
- Make 5 6 evenly sized balls and set them aside. They should look roughly about 7 cm in diameter.
- Take one half of the meat ball and flatten it into an oval like shape about 1/3 of the way down on a large foil sheet.
- Place two eggs in the middle and add more meat in between the 2 eggs. Finally cover it with the rest of the other half of the meat ball.
- Roll the foil tightly over the meat into a log. Make sure that it’s tight otherwise it may fall apart during the steaming process. Twist the ends of the foil to close.
- Repeat the above steps 5 more times to finish off your rolls.
Steam the rolls (3 at a time) for about 1 hour. Set them aside to cool. Take out the foil wrapping then slice and serve with steamed rice and tomato dipping sauce. You can store them in the fridge for a couple more days and they actually hold the shape better.
Via: Embutido Recipe