- 2 lbs. lean ground pork
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs soaked in ¼ cup milk
- 1 chorizo (or 4 oz. pepperoni), finely chopped
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- ¼ cup sweet relish
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons raisins (optional)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, quartered (8 slices)
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients except cooked eggs and softened butter.
- Butter the center of a 12” X 18” piece of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Spread half of the pork mixture on buttered foil making a rectangle about 8”X10”.
- Arrange 4 slices of eggs in a row at the center, lengthwise.
- Roll meat around eggs and wrap with the foil sealing the edges securely.
- Do the same thing with the remaining half of the pork mixture, making two rolls in total.
- Bake in a pan for 1 ½ hours. Let rest for 15 minutes before unwrapping. Slice crosswise.
- Serve either cold or pan fry until golden brown.
Source: Salu-salo Recipes
(Visited 255 times, 1 visits today)