Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 12 mins
An easy yet tasty dish that would be great for a leisurely Sunday morning, or as a light lunch entree with a mixed salad.
- 4 Extra Large Fresh Eggs
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- 4 Slices Crusty Country Style Bread
- 1 Large Garlic Clove, Peeled
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In 4 separate 6 inch ramekins, spoon in 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce.
- Break an egg into each ramekin being careful not to break the yolk.
- Drizzle each egg with a tablespoon of olive oil, and some sea salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes if using them.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the whites are cooked but the yolk remains soft.
- Place the bread slices under the broiler until golden brown on each side.
- Place the garlic clove on the tines of a fork and scrape the garlic along one side of the bread.
- Brush with some olive oil and serve alongside the cooked eggs.