- 1 large eggplant
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (475g) container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 C mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 jar marinara sauce (or homemade equivalent)
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice eggplant, lengthwise; about 1/8 inch thick. Lay slices of eggplant on a large cutting board and salt liberally with 1 tsp of salt. Let eggplant sit for 20-30 minutes, to draw the moisture out. Rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese with the egg, parmesan cheese, 1 C mozzarella cheese, garlic and onion powders, Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Place 1/3 of your marinara sauce at the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Place 2 Tbs of filling at the larger end of the eggplant and gently roll the filling up into the eggplant, making sure the filling doesn’t ooze out too much. Place in casserole dish and repeat with remaining eggplant slices and filling. Pour remaining marinara sauce over rollatini in the casserole dish and sprinkle with remaining 1 C mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake for 40-45 minutes, until eggplant is tender and sauce is bubbly. Let sit, uncovered for 10 minutes, before serving.
Source:Hun What’s For Dinner
(Visited 66 times, 1 visits today)