- 1 cup smoked Gouda cheese, shredded, or smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup basil, leaves, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3-4 sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 chicken breasts,boneless, skinless
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp butter,unsalted, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Coat pan lightly with cooking spray and set aside. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the smoked cheese, chopped basil, Parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic until well combined.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a 1″ slit horizontally through the thickest portion of each chicken breast. Insert your finger to open up a pocket inside the chicken. Fill each pocket with approximately ¼ cup of filling then seal the filling inside with a toothpick.
- Brush tops and sides of each stuffed chicken breast with beaten egg and season with salt and pepper. Dust the egg-coated areas in seasoned breadcrumbs and place on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle each stuffed breast with melted butter or spray with cooking spray. Bake 30–35 minutes or until golden brown and chicken is completely cooked through. Total cooking time will depend upon thickness of chicken breasts.
- Remove from oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Source: Everyday Dishes
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)