Easy Macaroni Salad
Easy Macaroni Salad is a quick and simple macaroni salad recipe that makes use of elbow macaroni, mayonnaise, sour cream, and some veggies and seasonings. This macaroni salad recipe takes only around 20 minutes to prepare and it can be a good side dish for fried chicken, baked fish, or even dishes such as lechon kawali and kaldereta.
True to its name, this easy macaroni salad recipe is simple and easy to prepare – all you have to do is cook the elbow macaroni according to package instructions and then combine and mix all the remaining ingredients together. Aside from macaroni, you may also use other types of pasta such as calamaretti, cannelloni, canneroni, cannolicchi, garganelli, elicoidali, manicotti, mostaccioli, paccheri, penne, and tortiglioni.
While reading the recipe and watching the video below, you might notice that this macaroni salad does not require any meat ingredients. Feel free to add meat such as diced boiled chicken breast or shredded chicken – and even tuna flakes if you wish.
If you are the type of person who wants a more festive type of macaroni salad, I suggest that you also try our Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad.
Try this Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe. Enjoy!
- Serves: 5
- Serving size: 5
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni, cooked according to package instructions
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ cup minced celery
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley (flat leaf)
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1½ teaspoon granulated white sugar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the cooked macaroni, mayonaisse, and sour cream. Mix well.
- Add the onion, sweet relish, celery and parsley. Fold to mix the ingredients.
- Put-in the mustard powder, ground black pepper, and salt. Continue to fold until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video
Recommended for you
Via: Easy Macaroni Salad