Easy Kung Pao Shrimp Recipe
This Easy Kung Pao Shrimp Recipe is all about making your own homemade kung pao shrimp a little bit quicker. If you were able to see our previous recipe for kung pao shrimp (with video), you know that it demonstrates how to cook the dish from ground-up; this means also making your own kung pao sauce — which is really easy and delicious. However, many of us do not have the time to mix-up ingredients for the sauce and would prefer a faster way complete the entire kung pao shrimp dish. This recipe will help you make kung pao shrimp faster because we will be using store bought kung pao sauce, instead of making one from scratch. I think that you got the idea: yes, this also applies to kung pao chicken and kung pao pork.
This Kung Pao Shrimp Recipe makes use of simple ingredients such as bell peppers, zucchini, and scallions. I also added some roasted peanuts o complete the dish. You can use any bell pepper color that you want. I did use yellow and red for this particular recipe because I just felt like having this combination — use green and red, orange and yellow, or yellow and green. The choice is all yours. I got the kung pao sauce from my local grocery. This might not be always available in your local supermarkets, so that mean you have to make one from scratch if this happens (you know where to get the recipe anyway…if not, here’s a hint — click this link).
There are two ways to eat kung pao shrimp with, one is with white rice, and the second is with Yang Chow fried rice. Okay, I know that some of you will still disagree so I will mention brown rice to be the third option (wink). Have fun in trying this recipe and do not hesitate to ask questions.
Try this Easy Kung Pao Shrimp Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- Serves: 3
- Serving size: 3
- 1 lb. large shrimp, head and shell removed
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- ¾ cup store bought kung pao sauce
- 1 piece zucchini, diced
- 5 pieces dried red chili
- 1 thumb ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a pan or wok then pour the cooking oil.
- Once the cooking oil gets hot, quickly saute the ginger and garlic. Do this fast to prevent the spices from getting burnt.
- Put-in the zucchini, peanuts, chili, and bell peppers. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp. Continue to stir-fry for 2 to 5 minutes. do not overcook the shrimp
- Pour-in the kung pao sauce. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the scallions. Sprinkle salt and pepper, if needed. Try to taste your dish at this point to see if you will need to add salt and pepper.
- Stir and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with Yang Chow Fried Rice.
- Share and enjoy!