- 1 head green cabbage
- 1 lb ground pork (or ground turkey)
- ½ lb ground beef
- 2 small onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups + ⅓ cup tomato sauce or pasta sauce, divided
- 1 can tomato soup
- Boil cabbage leaves about 2 minutes or until soft. (See note below for removing leaves). Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook rice according to package directions but reduce cooking time by 5 minutes so the rice is slightly underdone. Set aside.
- Cook beef, pork (or turkey), onions, garlic & seasonings until no pink remains. Drain any fat. Add in rice, diced tomatoes, ⅓ cup of tomato/pasta sauce, salt & pepper. Stir in egg.
- Mix tomato sauce and tomato soup in a bowl. Spread a very thin layer of the tomato sauce mixture in a 9×13 pan.
- Remove or thin any thick stem on cabbage leaves. Lay the cabbage leaf flat and add ⅓ cup filling to the center of the leaf. Fold in the sides and roll the cabbage up. Place seam side down in the pan. (See note for small leaves). Repeat with remaining cabbage.
- Pour sauce over the cabbage and cover tightly with foil. Bake 75-90 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Source: Spend With Pennies
Via: Easy Cabbage Rolls
(Visited 64 times, 1 visits today)