- 3/4 lb jumbo prawns
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Devein the shrimp if necessary and remove the shells but leave the tails on.
- In a medium size bowl add the bourbon, lemon juice, jerk seasoning and whisk well. Add the prawns to the bowl and toss them around making sure all the prawns are covered in the marinade. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Add the oil and butter to a skillet and melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the prawns to the skillet, reserve leftover marinade. Cook for 2 or 3 min until the prawns turn pink, then flip over. Pour about 1/4 cup of the leftover marinade over the prawns and cook for another 3 minutes and they are cooked through. You’ll notice the sauce will reduce almost right away caramelizing the prawns a bit. Remove shrimp from the skillet.
- Garnish the prawns with parsley and serve while still warm.
Source: Jo Cooks
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)