Dinengdeng also called inabraw is a dish of the Ilocano people Philippines, similar to Pinakbet . It is classified as a Bagoong soup based dish. Dinengdeng contains fewer vegetables and contains more bagoong soup base. This Ilocano food is full of vegetables like string beans, okra, squash, and ampalaya which is spiced up with red onions, tomatoes, jute leaves, root small amount of water together with their most popular ingredient: bagoong!
- 1 cup pork liempo, sliced / grilled fish (milk fish, tilapia, hito or dalag) is also a very good alternative
- 2-3 spoonful of fish sauce (bagoong), or according to taste
- 1 cup of water
- 1 ampalaya, cut into 4
- 5 pieces round eggplant
- 4 pieces of tomatoes
- 1 bundle of squash flower (bulkalak ng kalabasa)
- 1 bundle of sigarilyas
- 1/2 cup of patani
- 2 camote
- 1 bundle spinach
- 1 bundle saluyot or okra
- Bring the pork liempo to boil until tender and oily. If using fish, grill. Set aside.
- Boil water and fish sauce (bagoong).
- Add meat (or fish) and all the vegetables.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.