- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce, divided
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 4 pounds chicken wings, halved at joint and wingtips removed
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- sesame seeds, optional
- Place ginger, garlic, ¼ cup dark brown sugar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ½ teaspoon Sriracha sauce, and ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper in a food processor and pulse until a paste is formed.
- Place chicken wings and paste in crock pot and toss to coat.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Use slotted spoon to remove wings and place them in a large bowl lined with paper towels. Discard liquid in crock pot.
- Let wings cool 20 minutes or you can refrigerate them up to 24 hours.
- Place oven rack in lower-middle of oven. It should be 10 to 12 inches from the heating element. Turn oven to BROIL.
- Set a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet and spray rack with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together water, tomato paste, remaining ½ cup dark brown sugar, ¼ cup soy sauce, ½ teaspoon Sriracha sauce, and ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Pour half of sauce in bowl with chicken wings and gently toss to coat. Place wings skin side up on prepared rack.
- Broil until wings are lightly charred, about 10 to 15 minutes. Flip wings over and brush with sauce. Broil 3 minutes. Flip and brush with
Source:Spicy Southern Kitchen
(Visited 93 times, 1 visits today)