- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 5 medium gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup full bodied red wine, such as Malbec or Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 cup canned or frozen peas
- 1/3 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- Add all of the ingredients except for the peas and flour to a crock pot and stir well. Cover and place on the lowest setting. Cook for 8 to 10 hours, until meat is very tender and shreds easily with a fork. Once stew has finished cooking, add the canned or frozen peas and stir.
- Add 1/3 cup of gluten-free all purpose flour to a small bowl. Ladle about 1 cup worth of broth from the stew into the bowl and stir well. Pour the flour mixture into the crock pot with the stew and stir well. Allow stew to sit at least 30 minutes to thicken before serving.
- Serve with gluten-free bread and butter.
Source: The Roasted Root
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)