Crispy Sesame Shrimp Appetizer Recipe
- 24-30 shrimp
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup Panko Japanese seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- freshly ground pepper
- vegetable oil as needed, 4-6 tbsp
- lime, to squeeze over optional
- Prepare the shrimp: remove the tails and devein if necessary, rinse, and gently pat dry with a paper towel.
- Prepare in three separate shallow bowls the flour, the eggs, and combine the panko, sesame seeds, garlic salt, and pepper.
- First, coat the shrimp in flour. Tap gently to remove excess.
- Dredge in the egg, then in the panko/sesame seeds/garlic salt. Place on a plate until ready to fry.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Working in 2-3 batches, fry shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, until shrimp is golden brown as shown in the photos. Set on a paper towel until ready to serve.
- Best if served immediately, and with a squeeze of lime.
Source: Sweet Peas And Saffron
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)