Crispy Baked Yukon Gold Potato Wedges is a quick and simple recipe involving Yukon Gold potato. This potato variety is just making its way to stardom, and I can see that it will be known to everyone in not far from now because it is perfect to use in most common potato dishes.
It is important that you wash and scrub the potato before using it. I sliced the potato into thin wedges to be sure that it will be crispy. You see, having thick-cut potato for this recipe might not give you the crisp that you expect. Extending the baking time for thick cut potatoes will only increase the possibility for it to get burnt.
The bread crumbs that I used are the store bought ordinary bread crumbs. You may also use Italian bread crumbs. Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder – and the universal seasoning: salt and pepper – are also necessary. These are just the basic ingredients that you will need to be able to make great tasting potato wedges. I am sure that you will keep on making these after your first try.
Try this Crispy Baked Yukon Gold Potato Wedges Recipe. Send us your feedback.
- 2 lbs. Yukon Gold potato, sliced into thin wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup regular bread crumbs
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 430F.
- Arrange the potato wedges in a mixing bowl. Pour the olive oil over the potato. Mix well and ensure that the oil coats every potato wedge.
- On a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, paprika, salt, garlic and onion powder, and oregano. Mix well.
- Pour the bread crumb mixture over the potato. Shake the bowl and ensure that the potato are covered with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Arrange an aluminum foil over a baking tray. Grease with cooking oil spray. Lay the potato over the foil. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down. transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!