Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hr 10 mins
A creamy soup full of mushroom flavor with minimal added fat.
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Pounds Mixed Mushrooms (Button, Shitake, Cremini, or Portobello), Cleaned & Chopped
- 1 Cup Chopped Onions
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Peeled & Minced
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Medium Potato, Peeled & Cubed
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 1/3 to 1/2 Cup Fat Free Half & Half
- Sautéed Sliced Mushrooms
- Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the mushrooms and onions on a large baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Toss the mushroom mixture with the oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast for 20 minutes.
- Stir the mushroom mixture and add the garlic, stirring to mix, and continue to roast another 10 minutes.
- Place the mushroom mixture into a stock pot along with the chicken broth, thyme, and diced potato.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the potato is soft, about 20 minutes.
- Taste, and adjust salt and pepper.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot, and add as much half and half as desired, and heat until thickened.
- Keep the soup warm until needed.
- Serve the soup into individual bowls garnished with the mushrooms and fresh thyme leaves.
(Visited 73 times, 1 visits today)