- 12 oz. (1 box) of whole wheat penne pasta
- 10 oz. fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large, yellow onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- ½ cup garlic and herb cream cheese
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flake, more or less depending on your preference
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving one cup of starching cooking water. Drain and return to hot pot, add chopped spinach, cover and set aside to let spinach wilt.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Once hot, add chicken to the skillet and sauté for approximately 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes or until the onion has softened and beginning to turn translucent.
- Add cream cheese and reserved cooking water to chicken. Stir to combine and melt cream cheese.
- Add chicken/cream cheese mixture to pot with pasta and spinach. Add parmesan, crushed red pepper (if using), salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes for garnish.
- A simple green salad and warm whole wheat bread would be lovely with this pasta!!
Source: Becky’s Best Bites
(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)