There is nothing like having a bowl of hot Creamy Chicken Sopas to make you feel warm and comfy on a cold day, especially during this time when the temperature outside starts to get chilly. This recipe should be able to help you cook a delicious sopas that you can serve to the entire family.
This Creamy Chicken Sopas Recipe makes use of boneless chicken breasts and hot dogs. You may use bone-in chicken breast with skin too. Just make sure to remove the bones later on while you are shredding the meat. The hotdogs are nice to have. It also helps makes the dish look colorful and festive.
It is important for chicken sopas to be flavorful and have that nice solid chicken taste. This is one of the reasons why I am using chicken cube for this recipe. The evaporated milk, on the other hand, makes this soup dish rich and creamy; it also a distinctive ingredient that makes Filipino chicken macaroni sopas unique from other chicken noodle soups.
I recommend that you try to consume your sopas in one sitting. If there are leftovers, chances are that the macaroni will absorb the liquid overtime. You will have a bloated macaroni noodle dish the next day with almost no liquid left. You can add more water and milk, but this can make the macaroni soggy.
Try this Creamy Chicken Sopas Recipe. Enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Creamy Chicken Sopas
- 12 oz. boneless chicken breasts
- ½ head small cabbage, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 pieces hotdog, sliced
- ¾ cups carrots, diced
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 ½ to 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 Knorr Chicken Cube
- 6 to 8 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Boil 3 cups water in a medium pot. Add the chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook in medium heat for 15 to 18 minutes. You may add more water if needed.
- Separate the chicken from the water. Let the chicken cool down and then shred. Set both shredded chicken and water aside.
- Heat oil in a large soup pot. Sauté the garlic until it turns medium brown. Add onion, celery, and carrot. Continue to sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the hot dog. Quickly stir and then pour the water used to boil the chicken. Also pour the remaining water. Let boil.
- Add the Knorr Chicken Cube. Stir. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put the elbow macaroni in the pot. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the cabbage. Stir and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Note: you can add more water if needed.
- Pour the evaporated milk. Stir, let boil, cover and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Via: Creamy Chicken Sopas