- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring potatoes to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium and let potatoes simmer until very tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and let stand covered in pot 10 minutes to dry out potatoes.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher and place in a large stand mixer, fitted with a whip attachment.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, saute garlic in butter until just fragrant. Stir milk, cream, and nutmeg into mixture and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Pour into mashed potatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whip potatoes on medium to high speed 2 minutes until potatoes are completely creamy and smooth. Transfer potatoes to a serving dish and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Source: Whole And Heavenly Oven
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)