Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Peeled & Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled & Minced
- 1 1/2 Pounds Celery (Stalks & Leaves), Washed & Diced
- 1 Large Potato, Peeled & Diced
- 6 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cup Fresh Parsley Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Italian Sausage Links, Meat Removed From Casings
- 1 Cup Bread Cubes
- Cracked Black Pepper
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the oil and cook the onion and celery until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the broth and potato, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook until the potato is fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the parsley leaves and cook another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Use a hand blender to puree the soup until smooth, or work in batches in a food processor and pulse until very smooth.
- Return to pot, taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Stir in the lemon juice and keep warm.
- To prepare the garnish, heat the oil in a skillet, and cook the sausage meat over medium heat until lightly browned, breaking the meat up into small pieces as it cooks using two forks.
- Add the bread cubes to the sausage and cook until the bread is golden and crisp, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Serve the soup in four individual bowls, then sprinkle the sausage, black pepper and croutons on top.
(Visited 65 times, 1 visits today)