Servings: 8 (serving size: 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Dash of salt
- 4 cups fresh cranberries (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/3 cups 80-proof bourbon
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine 1 1/2 cups water, sugar, and salt in a microwave-safe dish; microwave at HIGH for 3 minutes. Stir until sugar dissolves. Combine sugar syrup and cranberries in a blender; process until smooth. Strain mixture through a sieve lined with a double layer of cheesecloth over a bowl; press mixture to extract liquid. Discard solids.
- Combine cranberry mixture, bourbon, and lemon juice in a freezer-safe bowl, stirring well. Freeze mixture overnight or until partially frozen. Scrape mixture with a fork until slushy; serve immediately.
(Visited 60 times, 1 visits today)