- 1 lb ground Beef or Pork
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 inch-Ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce, or to taste
- 6 cups Beef broth or Water
- 1 cup (or 1 small can) cream style-Corn
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (unthawed)
- 1 (10 oz) pack Spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the ground pork or beef in a large pan. If your beef is extra-lean heat a little oil first. Stir to cook until the meat changes its color and starts releasing its fat.
- Add the garlic, onion and ginger. Cook until the onions are soft. Season with a little pepper and fish sauce.
- Add the broth or water. Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 30 minutes. Add the corn and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir the spinach and cook just until wilted. Correct the seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Ladle into bowls and serve hot. You can have the soup on its own but in our house we have it with rice naturally.
Source: Manila Spoon
(Visited 164 times, 1 visits today)