For the breakfast sausage patties
- 1 kilogram lean ground beef (just over 2 lbs)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cooking spray/oil
- Aluminium/tin foil
For the eggs
- 6 large eggs
- Cooking Spray/oil
- Sliced cheese of choice
- English Muffins
For the sausage patties
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef and spices and mix very well. Form six balls and press into a patty shape on a plate and set aside.
- Coat a large frying pan with cooking spray/oil on low heat. Once hot, add the patties and cover immediately. After 2-3 minutes, flip, cover and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and place cover completely in aluminium foil to ‘rest’.
- Spray a microwave safe cereal bowl with oil/cooking spray and crack an egg in it and cook in the microwave for 1-1.5 minutes until cooked.
- Assemble muffins by adding sausage patty, sliced cheese and top with the egg. Eat immediately or assemble, allow to cool completely, wrap in baking paper and refrigerate/freeze.
Source:The Big Man’s World
(Visited 153 times, 1 visits today)