- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped peeled tomato (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled baking potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine first 6 ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the cumin mixture, tomato, and juice. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add chicken and potatoes to pan; stir in chopped cilantro. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 50 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve mixture over rice, and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
(Visited 100 times, 1 visits today)