- 3 pcs. medium size Taro root, peeled and sliced into cubes
- 2 medium size ripe Plantain, peeled, halved and sliced 1/2 ” thick
- 1 pc. Medium size Yam peeled and sliced into cubes
- 2 pieces large size Japanese Sweet Potato, peeled and sliced into cubes
- 1 can coconut milk,
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1 cup tapioca pearl (soaked for 1 hour in lukewarm water)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon,
- 1 ripe medium size organic mango, peeled and sliced into chunky cubes (as substitute for fresh ripe Jackfruit which is traditionally used in this recipe)
- Put in the Medium Stockpot the first six ingredients and fresh ripe Jackfruit if available. Let simmer in medium heat for 30 minutes or more until all root vegetables are fork tender.
- While the Root Vege Medley is cooking, cook the tapioca pearl in a saucepan with 1/4 cup of water until translucent, stirring constantly, drain and add into the Root Vege Medley.
- Add ground cinnamon. Add more maple syrup if you prefer a sweeter taste.
- Serve warm or chilled. Garnish with fresh ripe organic Mango chunks.
Source:Primal Meet Tropical
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)