For the chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts, about 1 lb. cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour sprinkled with s&p to taste
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
- 6 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into pieces
- 1-20 oz. can pineapple tidbits the small ones!!
for the sauce:
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice use the canned pineapple juice!
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chile sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Get three shallow bowls ready to coat chicken: one with flour, salt and pepper, one with egg and milk, one with sweetened coconut.
- Dredge chicken in flour, then egg mixture, then coconut.
- Once all chicken is coated, cook in 3 batches using 2 tablespoons of oil per batch in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Place cooked chicken aside and replace pan to heat.
- Add in another 2 tablespoons of oil and saute onions and peppers until cooked to your liking. I like mine a little bit on the crisp side, so I cooked mine about 4 minutes. While veggies are cooking, measure out ingredients for sauce and whisk together. Add in drained pineapple to the pan, along with the sauce mixture and bring to boil until thickened slightly.
- Add in coconut chicken and cook another 2 minutes until heated through and serve over fried rice.
Source: Lauren’s Latest
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)