For the Chicken
- 1 ½ lbs. (2 medium) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 C. all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. seasoned salt (such as Lawry’s)
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ C. whole wheat Panko style breadcrumbs
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 2/3 C. finely shredded, sweetened coconut
- 2 to 3 tsp. canola oil
For the Sauce:
- 1 C. grapefruit marmalade
- 2 Tbs. water
- 1/8 tsp. dried red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp. chipotle chili powder, or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed half sheet pan with aluminum foil, and set a wire cooling rack on the pan over the foil.
- Slice the chicken breasts into ½-inch thick tenders on a bias (cross-wise angle); set aside while preparing the dredging station.
- To arrange the dredging station, place three shallow pie plates next to each other on the counter. Whisk the flour, seasoned salt, and pepper together in the first pie plate. Thoroughly beat two eggs together in the second pie plate. Combine the Panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, and coconut in the third pie plate.
- Roll one chicken tender in the flour mixture to coat. Dredge the coated chicken tender through the beaten egg to moisten all sides. Place the dredged tender into the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the coating onto all sides to adhere. Place the breaded chicken tender onto the rack of the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the process until all of the chicken is coated, placing them ½-inch apart on the rack. Spritz or drizzle canola oil evenly over both sides of the coated chicken tenders.
- Bake the chicken at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken over and continue baking for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and breading is a crisp, golden brown.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the sauce by combining the grapefruit marmalade, water, red pepper flakes, and chipotle chili powder in a small sauce pan. Simmer the sauce over low heat until melted and warmed through.
- Serve Coconut Chicken Tenders with a ramekin of warm Spicy Grapefruit Marmalade Sauce.
Source: Comfortably Domestic
(Visited 46 times, 1 visits today)