- 1 pie shell, store-bought or homemade
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F and place pie dough in a standard pie dish.
- Combine sugar, flour, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Pour in heavy cream and mix together until fully blended and incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together half-and-half, egg yolks and vanilla extract, then gently stir egg yolk mixture into heavy cream mixture.
- Pour pie filling into pie crust, then crimp the edges of the pie dough and brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle cinnamon across the top of pie, then place in oven.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until center is just set, but still jiggles slightly when shaken. (After about 1 hour, pie filling will boil. Allow to bubble for 10 minutes then remove from oven.)
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Source: 12 Tomatoes
(Visited 31 times, 1 visits today)