- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped sweet onion
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4-6 dashes of hot sauce
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 lbs ground meat (I use pork and beef)
- ¾ cup seasoned breadcrumbs (You can use GF)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup dried parsley
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Sautee the onion and peppers in the pan until just slightly softened.
- While the veggies are cooking, whisk together the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, lemon juice and hot sauce.
- Set aside a couple tablespoons of the sauce mixture to brush the top of the meatloaf.
- Combine the rest of the sauce and all of the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Work the ingredients together gently, but don’t overwork the meat or you’ll make the meatloaf tough.
- Put the meat mixture into your loaf pan.
- Cover it with aluminum foil and bake it for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil, brush the top with the reserved sauce and bake for the remaining 20 minutes or until the center of the meatloaf reaches 160 degrees.
Source: Simple Food 365
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)