For the Meatloaf:
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion or half of a larger onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used Italian for extra flavor)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all of the meatloaf ingredients into a bowl, and using your (very clean) hands, combine all of the ingredients. Then, in a separate bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the glaze.
- Remove the meat mixture from the bowl and form into a loaf on a pan or baking dish. Spread about 1/3 of the glaze over the loaf. Place the loaf in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Add about another 1/3 of the glaze after the 45 minutes, and then cook for an additional 15 minutes. Once the loaf is done (internal temp of the meat should be 155 degrees and/or no longer pink), remove from the oven and you can either top with the additional glaze or save it for serving, which is what I like to do.
- Slice it up, serve warm with the extra glaze, and enjoy!
Source: The Cultural Dish
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)