Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
A little spicy salami adds a little kick to steamed clams.
- 3 Pounds Small Clams (Littleneck Work well)
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Clam Juice Or Fish Stock
- 3/4 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 Cup Strained Tomatoes
- 3 Ounces Chopped Dry Spicy Italian Sausage (See Notes Above)
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet.
- Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, then add the garlic, chopped sausage and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the clam juice, wine, and tomato sauce and cook until reduced to about 2 cups.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the clams, cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until the clams have opened.
- Discard any clams that do not open.
- Add the fresh parsley and shake the pot to combine.
- Ladle the clams and juice equally into individual bowls and serve hot.
(Visited 68 times, 1 visits today)