- 75 g butter, diced
- 250 ml cup water
- 115 g plain all-purpose flour
- 15 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- chocolate for dipping or powder sugar
- Heat the butter and water in a small heavy pan until the butter has melted, do not allow the water to boil. Sift the flour and 15 g of caster sugar on to a piece of greaseproof paper.
- Once the butter has melted bring to a boil, then add the flour and sugar. Remove the pan from the heat and beat the mixture vigorously. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then gradually beat in the eggs until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Half-fill a large, heavy pan or deep-fryer with oil and heat to 375 degrees F. Spoon the mixture into apiping bag with a star nozzle. Pipe the mixture into the hot oil being careful not to cause the fat to splash or spit. Fry the churros for 2 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Remove the churros from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Repeat until all the mixture has been used. Dipped in chocolate or powder sugar. Serve.
Source: Yummy Corner
Via: Churros Recipe
(Visited 49 times, 1 visits today)