- 1/2 piece cabbage, quartered
- 1 pc. green bell pepper,sliced
- 1 pc. red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup baguio beans
- 1 pc. carrots, sliced
- 1 pc. red onion, sliced
- 1 pc. white onion, diced
- 500 ml water or more
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 sachet powdered seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. regular cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil or more
- salt and pepper
- In a large pan, put 500 ml of water and boil.
- Boil the vegetables in this manner: carrots (5mins); followed by cauliflower, cabbage and baguio beans.wait for a 1 minute. Now add the red & green bell peppers and red & white onions. cook for 5 mins.
- Strain the vegetables and set aside. Keep the vegetable stock for the sauce.
- In the same pan, heat the 1 tbsp.regular oil and saute the garlic. After turning to light brown, pour the vegetables stock. Add 1 tbsp of oyster sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let it simmer.
- For the thickening agent, mix 2 tsp. cornstarch to about a half cup of water.
- Set the fire on low. Pour the thickening agent little by little to the vegetable stock while continuously stirring.
- If you reach your desired thickness of the sauce, add in all the boiled vegetables to the pan, sprinkle the powdered seasoning and mix well.
- Turn off the fire. While the chopsuey is still hot, add the sesame oil and stir a little.
- Transfer to a big plate and serve hot.
- That’s it. Bon appetit!
Source: Jeepney Recipes
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)