- 9 oz flour
- 6 oz butter
- 3 oz caster sugar
- 397g tin condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 60g caster sugar
- 120g butter
For Chocolate Topping:
- 6 oz milk chocolate (melted)
- To prepare shortbread, cream together butter and sugar using electric beater.
- After that add sifted flour and mix using spatula till the batter becomes uniform.
- Spread this batter into the greased and dusted rectangular pan (11×7-inch). Level the batter layer by pressing the batter firmly and make it even from top using back of spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 20 mins. or until toothpick inserted from the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile shortbread is baking, prepare caramel syrup for the bars, for that you need to combine all the ingredients of caramel sauce and cook over medium-low heat for 15-20 mins. Keep stirring in between so that mixture would not burn and the caramel gets even golden color.
- When the caramel is ready cool it to room temperature.
- Now apply the caramel layer onto the prepared shortbread layer and then refrigerate for 10-15 mins. until it sets nicely.
- After that make a layer of melted chocolate on top and refrigerate it again to set the bars.
- When all the layers get firm and set nicely, cut the caramel chocolate shortbread into bars.
Source: Recipe Dose
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)