Servings: 4 (serving size: 2 filled tacos)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 32 peeled and deveined large shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 (6-inch) white corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 16 slices
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add shrimp, tossing to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from heat.
- Heat tortillas in microwave according to package directions. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates; arrange 4 shrimp on each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup lettuce, 2 avocado slices, and 1 1/2 tablespoons salsa.
- Beer note: An orange peel-infused Belgian white beer will cool the palate. Hoegaarden White ($8/six-pack), with its cloudy appearance, citrusy-fresh taste, minimal bitterness, and refreshingly tart finish is delicate enough for seafood and excels at extinguishing heat.
(Visited 64 times, 1 visits today)