For the Garlic Sauce:
- ¼ cup soy sauce (use 3 tablespoons or light soy sauce if you prefer it less salty)
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup or agave
- 2 tbsp. water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
For the Tofu Stir-Fry:
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil, divided
- 1 lb. extra firm tofu, drained, pressed at least 15 minutes, and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4-6 dried chili peppers, halved (optional)
- 3 cups fresh green beans
- cooked rice
- toasted sesame seeds
- Stir all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Coat the bottom of a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil and place over medium heat. Add tofu cubes in a single layer. Cook about 10 minutes, flipping once or twice during cooking to achieve browning on multiple sides. Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to skillet and raise heat to high. Add dried chili peppers and green beans, Stir fry until green beans are tender-crisp, 2-3 minutes. Add tofu back into skillet along with sauce. Flip a few times and cook just until sauce thickens a bit and coats tofu and green beans. Remove from heat.
- Divide onto plates with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Source: Connoisseurus Veg
(Visited 45 times, 1 visits today)