- 1 pound boneless beef short rib , or flank steak, cut against the grain in ¼” thick slices
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 slice whole ginger ¼” thick, peeled
- 1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper , cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce plus 1 more teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry (Shaoxing rice wine, sake or brandy if sherry is not available)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or beef stock
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (Shaoxing rice wine, or sake if sherry is not available)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a medium sized bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Add sliced meat and coat with marinade. Set aside and marinate for at least 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Combine and whisk the sauce ingredients together until the cornstarch is dissolved and no white lumps remain. Set aside.
- Wash and cut broccoli into small florets, about 2 inches in size. Heat a large saute pan or wok over high heat. Add 1/3 cup water and bring to a boil. Add broccoli to the pan and saute until just tender and bright green, about 3 minutes. Transfer broccoli to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan or wok, heat to medium-high heat until pan is very hot. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add ginger slice and garlic clove, sauté for 30 seconds. Add the marinated beef, and stir fry until just cooked about 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Insert the cooked broccoli and red bell peppers, stir-fry for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Season with pepper to taste. Serve immediately with rice if desired. Enjoy!
Source: Jessica Gavin
(Visited 29 times, 1 visits today)