- 1½lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch chunks)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Green onions for garnish green parts only (optional)
- Preheat deep fryer to 375F.
- In a small sauce pan mix together the garlic, ginger, white pepper, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and honey.
- Pour the cornstarch into a 1 gallon food grade disposable bag, add the chicken and shake to coat.
- Deep fry the chicken until golden brown and done (165F. I did not find there was any need to check the temperature they were done at the golden brown) set aside on paper towels to drain.
- While chicken is deep frying bring the sauce to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook until mixture starts to thicken.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl, add the sauce, and mix until chicken is well coated; serve hot over rice garnished with green onion slices.
Source: Cully’s Kitchen
(Visited 18 times, 1 visits today)