Chili Crab with Snake Beans is my version of the famous chili crab dish with one of my favorite vegetable: Sitaw (also known as string beans and snake beans). This is a simple dish that anyone can prepare regardless of your level in cooking. The easy-to-follow recipe located below this post as well as the cooking video should be enough to help you cook this dish. You can also ask questions by commenting below.
Chili crab is usually cooked using mud crab (or alimango). However, blue crab (or alimasag) can also be used depending on the availability of ingredients. For example, I just got from the Asian store 45 minutes south of my location where I usually get fish and seafood. The live blue crabs were on sale, so I did what I have to do. I started by making Seafood Kare kare, and now I cooked this yummy crab dish.
As I mentioned in the video (see below), I usually steam crab on the day of purchase to keep them from getting spoiled quickly. This means that I can store my steamed crabs in the freezer for several days more before making different dishes out them.
Try this yummy Chili Crab with Snake Beans Recipe. Let me know your thoughts by sending me a comment. Don’t forget to subscribe to us in YouTube. Simply click this link and hit on the red subscribe button in our YouTube channel page.
Watch the cooking video:
- 6 pieces crab (alimasag or alimango), cut in half
- 8 pieces snake beans (sitaw), cut in 2 inch length
- 1 knob ginger, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 medium onion minced
- 5 pieces chili pepper
- 1 piece egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup tomato ketchup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine chicken broth, soy sauce, ketchup, and cornstarch in a bowl. Stir to mix. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large pan. Once the oil gets hot, saute the garlic, onion, and ginger.
- Once the onion gets soft, add the chili and snake beans. Stir fry in high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the crab. Continue to stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper. Pour-in the chicken broth mixture and then toss to coat. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the beaten egg and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with warm white rice.
- Share and enjoy!
Here is my IG post for this dish. Thanks for following me on Instagram.