- 300 grams ground beef
- 250 grams canned red beans (cooked; in plain, unsalted broth), drained
- 1 small pack tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 med. onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 red, ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- salt to taste
- 1 pack McCormick Chili con Carne mix (or use chili powder and ground cumin if you can’t find this mix)
- water to dilute the thick tomato-based sauce
- optional: kesong puti (white buffalo cheese) or regular cheese, grated for topping
- Heat up the oil in a deep skillet or pot.
- Brown the ground beef before setting it aside.
- Sauté garlic, onions, and tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Mix the browned ground beef.
- Stir in McCormick Chili con Carne mix and cook for half a minute.
- Add tomato paste and cook for a minute.
- Add a bit of water just to dilute the super thick tomato sauce. Let it simmer for a minute or two.
- Add the red beans.
- Add salt according to taste. Make sure to taste the sauce.
- Simmer the chili con carne for a few more minutes before turning off the flame.
- Serve over rice or with corn bread.
Source: The Kitchen Invader
(Visited 39 times, 1 visits today)