- 1 kg chicken drummettes
- 1 bunch choy sum (washed and cut to preferred size)
- 1 large choko/chayote (peeled, seeded and wedged)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped or minced)
- 3 knobs of ginger (chopped or sliced)
- 2 .5 litres of water
- 3 Tbsp of fish sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of ground pepper
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- Fill large pot with about 2.5 litres of water (add a bit more water later if need be), set on stove top on high.
- Wash chicken and throw them into the pot of water and let it begin to boil (this could take about 10-15 mins). Skim all the fat that begin to surface.
- Once soup starts to look clear, add ginger, onions, garlic and stock cubes. Turn down heat to low to medium and let it simmer for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and choko. Stir and leave for about 5 minutes.
- Lastly, throw in the choy sum and add ground pepper.
- Stir soup and lower heat, let this sit for another 3 minutes or so and then it will be ready to serve.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately. Best eaten with boiled rice.
Source: Much A Munch
(Visited 71 times, 1 visits today)