- Chicken – 1 lb, prefeably thighs, cut into chunks
- Sake – 3 tbsp
- Mirin – ¼ cup
- Soy Sauce – ¼ cup
- Brown Sugar – 1 tsp
- Freshly grated Ginger – 2 tsp
- Sesame Oil – a splash (10 drops approx)
- Green Beans – 1 cup, blanched
- Baby corn – 1 can drained
- Vegetable/ Canola Oil – 1 tbsp
- Combine Sake, Mirin, Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, freshly grated Ginger and Sesame Oil to make a marinade. Steep the chicken chunks in the marinade for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a non stick pan and pan fry the chicken pieces, with out the marinade till nearly cooked and beautifully bronzed on both sides.
- Add the marinade to the pan and let it cook on medium heat till bubbly and thickened.
- Add the fried chicken pieces back to the sauce and give a good toss.
- Add a hand fill of blanched green beans and a drained can of baby corn to the chicken pieces.
- Give it a good toss, so that the sauce coats the vegetables properly. Chicken Teriyaki is served!
Source: A Whiff of Spice
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)